Monday, November 2, 2009

WARNING: Cat lovers beware, this post contains disturbing images that may not be suitable for all audiences. Viewer discretion is advised. Hehe

Saturday morning comes along and I excitedly leap out of bed like an 8 year-old on Christmas day. I finally have a free day and TODAY is the day I'm going to thoroughly clean my house from top to bottom. So with the help of my wonderful husband, we spend the next four hours scrubbing toilets, mopping floors and cleaning absolutely EVERYTHING!

Now those of you that have experienced this can relate. You have a wonderful house, but eventually the dirt starts piling up, junk mail lines the counters, laundry baskets overflow and before you know it you are suffocating in your own disarray. Then comes the liberating feeling when you FINALLY get to clean it all up. It's like a 100 pound anvil has been lifted off of your shoulders. It's completely euphoric!

However, about half way through cleaning we realized a common theme amongst our clutter and that was little white and gray clumps covering everything. As many of you know, Matt and I have two cats, Fibi and Riley. Riley is my kitty and she's a little over a year old. Now Riley is adorable but she's quite fluffy. And she also has this nasty habit of pulling out clumps of her hair.

So after spending four hours removing every trace of Riley fuzz from every imaginable surface in our house I decided that this could not and would not go on. So the way I figured, we had two choices: 1) get rid of Riley 2) get rid of Riley's hair. Well, I will let the photos explain the rest...


Yup! Riley got an 'ahem' trim



All the hair that will not end up on my floors, couches or clothes!



A very skinny and much less fluffy Riley




All that's left is her head, legs and a little bit of fluff...


...on the end of her tail

So here's the story about my cat Riley, once she had fur that she shed everywhere:




And then she had none:




My poor little cat!

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! Oh your poor cat! HAHA! This is great Jess. I could picture you saying that last line on the last photo...with a little chuckle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he looks great. I'd recommend that treatment for all cats. Makes them look much more......catly.
    Rob (Dad L.)

    ReplyDelete

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...