Friday, June 11, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever!


Well it's official, I haven't posted anything in more than 2 months which I'm sure makes me the worst blogger ever! If any of you are still out there reading my blog, and don't worry, I wouldn't blame you if you gave up on me, I'm finally posting again!

Here are the top things that have happened since I last posted:

April- Matt and I took a fabulous vacation to Mexico with two other couples. We had a blast just relaxing in the sun, sipping pina coladas and enjoying spectacular food. It was definitely the epitome of a lazy vacation.



Here's the view from our room in the gorgeous resort in Cabo!


Also, after one particular night with some Cuervo we thought it would be a wonderful idea to give Matt a mohawk. I still laugh thinking about it! But I secretly thought Matt looked really hot with a hawk, it kind of suits him. Maybe I have a bit of a wild side in me somewhere. ; )


I seriously love this!

We really did have quite a fantastic time but are honestly looking forward to more active trips in the future. Turns out you can have too much sun , too much food and too much tequila! Next up we are thinking of exploring New York and D.C. over our first anniversary weekend...



The happy couple (and Matt when he still had normal hair!)

May- Was pretty much a blur for Matt and I. For me it was a lot of work, work, work. And for Matt it was a lot of work, working out and jury duty. Yep, Matt was on a jury. It was actually a pretty high-profile case. Check it out.

Matt actually enjoyed the trial, he thought it was pretty cool that he got to hear witness testimony, listen to the prosecutor and the defense attorney. The only major downside was that he had to keep working at UPS on the overnight shift during the case so between that and 8 hours a day at the court house he didn't really get a whole lot of sleep. I was worried he was going to kill himself working so hard! But oh well, that's all behind us now!

We were really lucky to take a weekend trip over Mother's Day to Philips, WI where my Grandma grew up. We had a really nice time sightseeing and of course eating with my Mom, step-dad, Grandma and Aunt. It was a nice little get away. Plus my Aunt Nancy gave me a lot of phenomenal Mary Kay products that I'm absolutely in love with! My skin has never looked better!

Over Memorial Day weekend Matt and I unfortunately had to split up. I had some work commitments that wouldn't let me be away for too long and Mattie really wanted to go up to his parents new cabin in Canada. The good news for me was that even though I had to work most of the weekend, including all day on Monday, I did get to sneak out of town and attend my Uncle Mike's annual Memorial Day weekend party in honor of Josh. And as a special surprise I was able to help get this billboard posted in his memory.


Then a few weeks ago I gathered some lovely ladies and attended a premier party for the Sex and the City 2 movie. The movie was not so great, the premier party was not so great but my friends were wonderful!

I'm very blessed to have such wonderful ladies in my life!

And finally, last weekend another group of girls and I all got together for my good friend Lindsey's bachelorette party. We are going to her and Kody's wedding next weekend in South Dakota and we are so excited. They are truly a wonderful couple and I couldn't be happier for her!

The girls out on the town. Isn't our bride to be radiant? She looked stunning. And yes, I'm wearing the same dress as in the pic above. But hey, it's a cute dress and I wanted to get some wear out of it! : )

In other news, I joined a book club which I'm super pumped about. We meet once a month which is exactly the kind of time commitment that I'm looking for. I can't believe this is the first book club I've ever been in. I love reading, I love girl time and I love wine, why did I never think of this before!

Also Mattie is FINALLY done with the St. Paul Fire Department application process. Overall I think he did phenomenal. It's super competitive but since the applications opened in November he has become an EMT, passed the written test with a 90 percent and passed the physical test with a 95 percent. We shall see where that puts him on the ranking list. Most likely he won't be high enough up to get an interview (yes, it's that competitive!) but regardless, I couldn't be prouder of him. He's following his heart and going for his dream. We both knew when he started trying to become a full-time firefighter that it wouldn't be easy and would most likely take several years of hard work and dedication. But if anyone can do it, it's my Mattie!

Well I think that's all for this post. We are both so excited for summer and know we will make lots of great memories. And I do pledge to be a better blogger and keep you all updated the exciting things that we are doing as we venture into our first summer as a married couple. So be prepared to get a lot more updates on what's going on in the life of the Leibrocks! Since I know you are all so incredibly interested!!!

2 comments:

  1. I AM interested! Don't worry, I am a faithful follower of Life with the Leibrocks.

    ReplyDelete

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...