Along with the incredible up of becoming parents, we've also been faced with a a few pretty substantial downs, however, I can see light at the end of the tunnel and have been learning over and over and over again that God is in control and I need to put my trust in Him! Overall, an incredible year and we are looking forward to what 2014 may have in store!
This year our actual New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were pretty low-key. Brinley and I had colds, but still made it out to Matt's cousin Shawna's bridal shower which was a ton of fun. Then that night Matt and I grilled steaks and just enjoyed a nice romantic dinner at home. We commented that we hadn't really done that since before Brinley was born. We enjoyed our fantastic meal, sipped champagne and ended up watching a movie. I fell asleep about 10 minutes before midnight but for some reason woke back up at exactly 12:00, wished Matt a Happy New Year and gave him a kiss, then fell right back to sleep. Yup, we are officially old!
Our New Year's day was wonderful! We all spent the whole day in PJs, just hanging out. We cooked some yummy food, spent lots of quality time with little one and were just relaxed. It was glorious!
I think New Year's day may be my favorite holiday because most places are closed, almost everyone in the world has it off (so no email from work!) and there isn't really a family expectation. Like "come on over for a big meal on New Year's day." Now don't get me wrong, I love all of the family time around Christmas, but sometimes it's great to have a day in you PJs. From now on, I am officially dubbing New Year's day as the pajama holiday!
We hope you all had a wonderful New Year's and that you have a blessed and prosperous 2014! God is good!
Here are just a few pics:
![]() |
| The cutest little girl in the world in her pink sparkly New Year's Eve outfit |
![]() |
| Mama and baby selfies with colds and pjs : ) |





No comments:
Post a Comment