Well my Whole 30 log fell apart, but thankfully not my Whole 30! Shortly after I wrote that last long entry, I came down with an awful sickness and terrible sore throat that has lasted for several weeks. In fact, that virus essentially delivered the death blow to my tonsils and I now have no choice but to get them removed at this point. Sigh.
Anyway, back to the Whole 30. I'm actually kind of glad I got sick because it taught me a ton about my relationship with food when I'm not feeling well. That ended up being my biggest struggle because when I was feeling so crappy all I wanted was comfort food (mac and cheese, Mrs. Grasses, mashed potatoes, etc.). None of my Whole 30 stuff sounded good at all so I mostly ate a lot of apple sauce and my version of shepherds pie with ground beef, potatoes and peas. It was super super hard but so glad I got to go through that experience.
Overall, my Whole 30 was a huge success. I felt amazing, didn't miss any of the old food and lost a whopping 10 lbs! So so happy. However, (now you knew a however must be coming since the title of this post has second Whole 30 in it), we went to Canada for a weekend away only a day after my Whole 30 had ended and I ended up eating way too much food off plan. Honestly, it made me really sick physically, but somehow my brain just wanted permission to eat all of the stuff that I "couldn't" have again. So after a week and a half of lots of pizza, cookies and fast food, I had gained back 4 lbs, was feeling terrible mentally, emotionally and physically, and decided to nip this in the bud by jumping on a second Whole 30.
Remember how I said I needed to get my tonsils out? Well that surgery is scheduled for Nov. 13 so exactly one month and one day before surgery, I embarked on Whole 30 part two. I'm already 3 days in and mentally feel so much better, even though I'm in the crappy detox phase where physically you don't feel that great.
I know that I'm not going to be able to maintain this forever, so I'm hoping another round will get me feeling awesome again and then I plan to stick to a paleo diet 80 percent of the time and eat whatever I want for 4 meals a week. I honestly think this will work for me because as I'm learning, I'm the type of person that really needs structure and "rules" with food or I just go off the deep end. My husband doesn't quite get this and keeps encouraging me to stop worrying about it and just "eat healthy." But I think he's coming to realize that although he may not be wired the same way, a happy wife equals a happy life so if that means I keep eating super strict and cooking that way for him and Brinley, he's good with that. :)
Welcome to our blog! Matt and I were married on Sept. 18, 2009 and welcomed our first baby, Brinley Joy, on June 9, 2013.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2021 Year in Review
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
Since getting married almost two months ago, one of the questions I always get (besides “when are you going to have kids????" The answe...
No comments:
Post a Comment