Monday, August 31, 2015

Summer Fun Part II (July and August)

In addition to the family reunion, the rest of our summer was marked by lots of fun (and of course lots of photos!). We made it up to Canada with Brinners for the first time since she was just a little baby. We also attended the wedding of Wes and Sarah, and just enjoyed lots of family time relaxing and hanging out.

I also continued my marathon training and Brinley and I clocked lots of miles with the jogging stroller. Those were such sweet memories, going along and having her comment on the ducks, trees, etc. Just the other day (and this is Jan. 2016 as I'm writing this), she said to me "mama, I want to go running with you again. I eat my sandwich and get all messy, ha ha ha." Then she said "thank you mama, for taking me running." It was so incredibly sweet and glad she remembers that fun time too.

If I'm being perfectly honest though, although the summer was wonderful, Matt was still working on second shift and that honestly made everything really really hard during the week. There were many days where I would come home and cry because it was hard being a single parent night after night. It made us really appreciate the moments we had together, but it was a challenging season for us and one that I'm glad we are out of now!

Strawberry picking with her daycare buddies!

Cousin time watching a movie, all snugged up!
Eating strawberries with her BFF Greta!
We had many a dinner at daddy's work :)
Cutest little princess ever!
Some of the battle wounds after the family reunion. Swimmer's itch! (Thank the Lord Brinley didn't get it!)


Hanging out at the park on Friday night with Uncle James!
Love this girl!
Waiting for the carriage ride


Heading into Brinley's first baseball game!
I got to go onfield for the flag unfurl
Cookie cheese!

Me and my girl :)

Sometimes you have to have breakfast for dinner!

Dad's 60th Bday surprise! Boat day with the fam


Sibs 
Wyatt and Savannah
Eldon and I were flying solo as Matt had to work

Selfie attempt




BFFs at daycare
She was lining up all of her animals
Ice cream cone in the car after gymnastics! A great tradition :)

Mommy and Brinley carbo-loading date to Guiseppe's
She ate all her "sketti!"

Cutest date ever!
My flag unfurl at Military Appreciation day!
There I am in the orange shirt in the middle
About to run a half marathon for "training"

The girls and Ms. Raquel!

Smiles for Ms. Ali, her gymnastics teacher



Mommy and Brinley take the train to Nana and BaPa's!

We made it on the train!
It was a great trip, Brinny watched movies and I even got to read a bit!

First trip to the dentist! She did great :)
She was excited about her new toothbrush.


Much needed family time at the zoo. This was a great day!

We also got the chance towards the end of August to go and take a much overdue trip up to Canada with my dad and brother. It was a great time full of lots of fishing!

Like father like son
Nice walter!

The boys turning around so the girls could pee in the bucket :)
Carousel at the zoo!
Brinny brushing Mommy's hair. I love it when she does this :)
Family pics!
Our family! Love, love, love! :) 
All dressed up for Uncle Weston and Aunt Sarah's wedding!
Momma and son



Me and my momma!





Me and my handsome hubby!

The fam with the bride and groom!

Me and my new seester!

What a fantastic Summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...