Friday, January 31, 2020

Jan. 2020 - New Year, Sickness and NEW BABY!

So true to form, I'm catching up on these blog posts MONTHS later, but in a way it's fun to look back and see how our year started. And for this year in particular, how so much has changed!

Like so many others, we went into the beginning of 2020 feeling very excited and optimistic about the year. Little did we know that in a few short months, we'd be in the midst of a global pandemic with disruption to our lives to the extent that none of us had ever seen. But more to come on that!

We had the most magical Christmas season and I was personally feeling super great. I had been taking better care of myself, was loving the Maskara makeup and how much confidence that gave me and had been working out and getting into GREAT shape! Matt and I also decided to do a whole 30 during the month of January and he did a TON of the cooking, which was awesome. We ate amazing and I was feeling super amazing as we prepared for the cruise. 

Also, I somehow managed to convince Matt to try for baby #3. He had been a bit hesitant (to say the least) in the last few years since Becca was born, but I just felt like I was meant to be a mom of three. I also had a strong feeling (even though I was scared to trust it) that this third baby would be a boy and I knew I wanted that for Matt and our family! A son to carry on the Leibrock name, inherit the property in Canada, be Matt's fishing buddy, etc. 

So mid-month we had a few "practice" tries and God must have really wanted this little one to be born because I ended up ovulating 4 days early while Matt was out of town on a work trip. I actually remember the exact moment that I felt that cramping from the egg being released. We were over at our neighbors house across the street having Spaghetti for dinner since they knew I was home alone with the girls. I remember praying "Lord is this it? Will I be pregnant?"

True to form again, I was SUPER impatient and taking pregnancy tests almost daily waiting for that little line to show up. I had the super cheap plain sticks left over from Becca and day after day, no line. I also had two Clear Blue test that were leftover from her and expired but I decided to order some new ones on Amazon and just take those quick to "get rid of them" before the new ones came. To my surprise, the digital one read "pregnant." I was almost a week before my missed period! I was truly SHOCKED. I called my friend Christina right away and was honestly panicking for awhile. I was also super nervous to tell Matt because after our "practice sessions" he was once again pretty hesitant about going for #3. It was a Thursday so we had our regular date night planned and we went out to a coffee shop and I gave him a letter/ card from the new baby telling him that he was so excited to have him for a Daddy and to not worry too much, as he wouldn't be too much trouble. :) 

Matt was pretty shocked as well but thought the card was pretty sweet. He did keep repeating "as long as we are together, it will be all right" which made me kind of nervous but he came around quick and we were both SO excited! What an honor and gift it is to grow another sweet baby!


Brinley and Charlie hanging out during the Vikings game

Dressed up just like daddy!

Becca still loving 4S!

We thought she was going to bed, turns out she wasn't "doing anything" according to her!

The little stinker napping

The sweetest sisters!

Mama and her makeup! :)

Fort building!

Super cozy

Poor Becca Becks had some sickies



One of the delicious, healthy Green Chef meals prepared by Chef Mattie!

Such a happy girl!



School friends :)

Silly girl!

What a sweetie

Cheese!

Surrounded by all of the boys, uh oh!



Cheese!












AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

SHOCKED and THRILLED! I can't believe we are doing this again!

Brinley's excellent sewing skills!

Father/son matching shirts for the fishing tourney

Team 282!

I had my BFF from high school, Melissa, visit and she brought her sweet little puppy. Marley and her bonded!

Mama let Brinley splurge at the Nike store on some new shoes. She loved them and took these pics herself! Now to learn how to tie them... 


Feeling amazing before the cruise in some awesome new dresses that I bought from Amazon of all places!

Out to dinner with my big girl!

New way of doing my brows and new lashes for the cruise!

She finished the USA puzzle at KV!

Becca goes rooooar!




Brinley enjoying some friend time on her days off of school






Awe, love and our family! :)

This is what Matt gets when he never lets me take a good picture of him. I used a ridiculously funny picture for his sail and sign card! We got a kick out of that the entire time we were on the cruise, lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...