Saturday, November 27, 2021

Nursing Reflections

 I have been blessed to still be nursing little Rian here going on a year! The combo of a 6 month maternity leave, working from home due to COVID and having him next door at our neighbors right away have all helped with this nursing journey. In fact, I have two grocery bags full of breast milk that I need to throw away as it's expired!!

This time nursing my babies has been so so special and I hope I can lock it forever in my heart. 

Here are some thoughts that I had while nursing little guy that I want to cherish always:

- Your little forehead swirl.

- Little curls in the back.

- Sweet baby scent.

- Soft baby skin.

- Eyelashes brushing your cheeks.

- Warm body curled around mine.

- Little contented flutter sucks.

- Soft little noises while you sleep.

- Soft dimpled hands holding me close.

- Chubby little wrists.


Lord, please tuck these memories safely away in my heart because I know these moments are fleeting but oh so precious. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...