Friday, August 20, 2010

A fish tale

After much anticipation, I finally made it up to my in-laws new cabin on Lake of the Woods in Canada. It was a day that Matt had been waiting a long, LONG time for. Seriously, pretty much since the first day we met he's talked about wanting to get me up to Canada. I really do believe that if it hadn't been February when we got engaged that he would have wanted to propose up there.

The Lake of the Woods area has such special meaning and memories for Mattie as it was the place him and his family vacationed at for most of his remembered life. That, coupled with the fact that Matt is such a huge nature guy makes the Sioux Narrows area pretty much heaven on earth.

So you can imagine his excitement when his parents purchased a rustic little cabin on half of an island on Lake of the Woods. I'm still not quite sure if who's lifelong dream it really was, Matt's dad's or his? (It's probably a little of both!)

Since the purchase, all of the Leibrocks have been anxiously waiting for the snow to melt so that they could go up there! Matt went up first with his family over Memorial Day weekend but due to an insane schedule at work, I wasn't able to go. But I finally did get my chance just a couple of weeks ago! And I do have to admit that despite my hesitation over the 6 1/2 hour drive, it's definitely worth it!

And as it turns out, I'm OBSESSED with fishing! That's all I wanted to do the whole time.

Gripping the seat in anticipation as we headed out to the secret walleye spot


Matt was definitely in his element

The biggest fish I ever caught! Now I know what some of you fisherman are thinking, that's tiny! But when you're used to catcing Blue Gill and Crappies this guy is gigantic. And no, I still won't hold it even with a steel glove on! : )

Now that's a good lookin live well!

Honestly, I could have fished all day if they would have let me!

And my first Northern! Okay, so maybe that was the biggest fish I've ever caught...

We did do other things besides fish, like decorate Matt's side of the room with teeny bopper posters. We even covered his pillow in Justin Bieber stickers. He's a Belieber!

Hehe! The best part about it was the Matt didn't know that Grace and I did that. And when he ended up coming in for bed the generator was off so the whole cabin was dark and so he slept the whole night wondering what those sticky things were on his pillow! Hahahahahaha

I've also got a bunch of really great scenery pictures that I took with my old school Nikon. But since it's an 35mm camera I have to upload the pics from a cd. But stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...