At the end of our traveling extravaganza that was most of July and early August, Mommy and little Brinley got to go on a special trip with my Mom and brother James.
Daddy had to stay home and work on some school work before the semester officially started at the end of the month and since I have had the travel itch pretty much this entire leave, I wanted to take another mini "vacation" of sorts.
We decided to venture over to Michigan and stop and see a few family member and then head up to the upper peninsula and spend a couple of days on the shores of Lake Michigan. It was a wonderful trip and such precious time with just my mom, brother, Brinley and me. I mean when do two adult children get the chance to take a 5 day trip with their mom? Pretty rare in the normal day to day busyness of our lives...
Brinley and I started the trip a bit earlier than originally planned and headed up to Marinette, WI where my Mom grew up to keep her company and help her get ready for her 40th class reunion.
 |
| Bottle in the car for Miss Brinley Boo |
 |
| My hot mama for her reunion |
 |
| Sleeping in the hotel like a sweet little baby |
Then on our way home we made a quick stop in Columbus to say his to Grandpa Tom and Grandma Robbin. They saw our awesome pics from Vikings training camp and wanted to get Brinley a little present. I told them that Daddy would never allow this but when I went upstairs to pump this is what I came down to! Sorry Dad, but the Packer outfit is now MIA, never to be heard from again!
 |
| Grandpa looking mischievous, Brinley looking quite confused. And for the record, I had my mom pull over almost immediately after leaving their house to remove the offensive garment. Sorry WI fam, my husband has me converted! : ) |
Then on Monday morning we left to go pick up James in Chicago and headed to Michigan.
 |
| Brinny enjoying the car ride |
Monday night we had an awesome steak dinner with Aunt Audrey, Uncle Collin and my cousins Kayla and Sierra. It was so nice to visit with them! We stayed up late playing cards and we were so busy that I didn't even have time to take a pic!
Then on Tuesday we headed up North and made a pit stop to see my cousin Ryan and his wife Fiona who were in town with their three kids all the way from Ireland. It was so nice to see them and introduce them to Brinley. Especially since I went out to stay with them for the weekend when I was only 8 weeks pregnant and they were one of the first people in the family to know! I remember being pretty nauseous during our tour in Dublin and Ryan running off to buy me ginger beer and crackers : )
Later on Tuesday we arrived in Traverse City and went out to a really swanky Italian restaurant for dinner. It was not your typical Italian food but quite delicious. We even tried a pig's ear appetizer!
 |
| Mom and James at dinner |
Wednesday consisted of lunch and shopping at some of the great shops in downtown Traverse city. I got some great infused olive oil and vinegar as well as some raw honey for Matt. It was a really fun day hanging with my fam!
 |
| Mom and James shopping |
 |
| Brinny loved shopping too |
 |
| What a doll! |
 |
| Nana and Brinny at lunch |
 |
| Nana, Uncle James and little bug |
 |
| Chillin at the hotel |
Later that day we relaxed with Happy Hour on the beach!
On our last night, we went out to a great brewery and tried some local beers.
 |
| No, Brinny did drink all of those! : ) |
 |
| Hanging out with baby at dinner |
Later at the hotel, Brinley mastered a new trick. Okay, not really, but she did hold it on her own for like 10 seconds.
The next day we headed down the coast of Lake Michigan and hopped on the ferry back to Milwaukee.
What a fantastic trip! We missed Daddy a lot and he certainly missed his girls but overall I'm so grateful we had the chance to do this. It's all about making memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment