Thursday, September 12, 2013

Date Day at Valley Fair

A few weeks ago Matt and I snuck away for a "date" day at Valley Fair. Matt's mom graciously offered to watch little Brinners and we were both so excited to spend some much needed time just the two of us before school started for him and I was back to work.

Since I had missed out on riding a lot of the fun rides this year when we went to Disney, we thought it would be fun to go ride some roller coasters at the local theme park, Valley Fair. For those of you Wisconsinities, it's sort of like a mini Six Flags.

I was a bit nervous to leave Brinley all day since it would technically be the longest I had ever been a way from her but knew she was in great hands with Grandma Ann : )

With the way our schedules worked out, we ended up a the park on a Friday, which we were sort of nervous about since we wanted to avoid crowds, but it ended up working out great. We hardly waited in line at all and were able to go on all of the roller coasters as many times as we wanted. What truly stopped us from ridding Wild Thing 10 times was our bodies. We quickly realized after our first ride that we are officially OLD! Seriously, we can't handle all of these rides the way that we used to.

It was also really funny as we stood in line we found ourselves talking about the safety of the ride, if it had been tested, how awful it would be to get stuck, etc. Yup, definitely not the type of conversations we would have had a few years ago.


Quick selfie in line

We really had a great time but honestly our favorite part was when we dipped into the Saloon and shared a couple of beers sitting in the AC. We just kind of hung out together, enjoyed getting cooled off and caught up like two best friends. It was so nice! Both Matt and I know that it will continue to be so important for us to sneak away for moments like this to reconnect as a couple. The greatest gift that we can give our daughter is happy parents who truly love one another and work at it every day, even when times are tough. 

On our way out, I decided to be brave and try this crazy water ride called Riptide that spun you around and splashed you through fountains. I don't know what I was thinking but it was a lot of fun and I got thoroughly soaked!

Getting on the ride


Here I go!

Such a wonderful day and a great memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...