Monday, November 25, 2013

Aquarium, aquarium and more aquarium

So after the first time my dad and I took little Brinley to Underwater World and saw how fascinated she was with the fish, we decided it was a great place to go visit throughout the colder winter months. We've planned on getting a zoo membership but they are pretty pricey and she's still a bit too young to really look at the animals. But with the aquarium, she can just look at the lights and colors and also ride in her stroller and look up through the tunnels.

Plus, with the Mall of America being only 15 minutes from our house and a great place to walk around and get some exercise at, it's a win-win for everyone.

In late October, Matt went with his fam to the cabin in Canada over MEA weekend for the last time of the season and my mom came up to stay with me and Brinley. She babysat Brinley on Thursday and Friday and her and I had a great time hanging out. It was so nice to have her around, I never wanted her to leave! If we had a bigger house, I know I'd want her to move in!

Then Friday night Grandpa Garry came up and on Saturday Uncle James joined us for an outing to the aquarium. My mom and Garry got Matt and I a membership there so we can take Brinley anytime we want! We were so excited!

Nana, Grandpa and Uncle James loved holding Brinley and showing her all of the fish. She was definitely lavished with love all weekend long!

On Sunday, Grandpa Garry even watched her by himself for an hour when my mom and I went out shopping. We did a ton of shopping while she was here and my closet and pantries were all full by the time she left. Matt always tells me I'm spoiled by my parents and while they are incredibly generous with us, I know just how lucky and blessed we are and I am very grateful. So spoiled, maybe, but very very grateful!

I also think coming from such a generous family (Mom, Grandma, Aunts, the Krei women are givers!) I've really learned that it's better to give than to receive. I always look forward to giving special gifts at Christmas or blessing people in unexpected ways (in fact, that's how I will be celebrating my 30th Bday this year, but more to come on that...) It's Matt and I's desire to instill that same generous spirit in Brinley and not let her become "spoiled" or take things for granted. Anyway, off of that rant...

So here are a few pics of our second trip to the aquarium as well as a few random ones of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. times that we've been back since then. It's our favorite thing to do with little Brinners right now.


Grandpa Garry was very happy to see you! You guys had a lot of fun.
Bouncing you up in the air and making you giggle
Jellyfish
You like all of the colors
Mommy's favorite jellyfish




Nana liked showing you the fish too
Looking up from your stroller in the tunnels





All tuckered out




No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...