Thursday, April 9, 2015

Golden Birthday!

I always knew I wanted to have a big party for my "golden" birthday, ever since I first found out what that was as a young child. I was probably 6 or 7 when someone first told me that your "golden" birthday was the birthday that you turned the age that corresponded with the day of your birth. I remember thinking that for me, that would be when I was 31 and that was going to be SO OLD. :)

A few years ago, I looked up what day my golden birthday would fall on and found out that it was going to be a Saturday. I knew right then that it was a meant to be and a giant party was in my future. My frugal husband of course thought I was crazy when I began looking for venues about a year in advance. In fact, I pretty much skipped my 30th Bday since I knew that 31 would be big. Some may find this silly, but it was a lot of fun having a party to look forward to. Plus, I figured that this might be the last time that I really wanted to make a huge deal out of my age because the older the less I'm really going to want to celebrate the aging process. Ha!

Anyway, the party was absolutely fantastic. Everything that I had imagined and more. I knew I wanted to have a swing dancing lesson as part of the party and found a great venue in North Minneapolis called Honey. It's definitely got a basement/club type feel and the owner John and his crew were fantastic and worked with me every step of the way to plan my ideal event. The food was from the restaurant upstairs, Ginger Hop, and was really good as well. We even budgeted enough money to have an open bar for all of the guests the whole night. Pretty great!

Here are some pics from the night. Definitely my favorite Birthday ever!

I loved my invite and had fun picking it out. I also added "dress to impress" because as we get older the opportunities to really dress up are few and far between!

My mom and I started the day with hair and makeup at MOA where we even got to see Sean from the Bachelor! If I wasn't happily married and if Catherine wasn't perfect for him... What a great example of a strong Christian guy in mainstream pop culture. Godly is definitely sexy! :)

After getting our make-up did

Hot mamas!

Love my mama
My hot man!
Love my dad!

Fabulous cupcakes from Cupcake. Yum!
My sparkles match the wall sparkles

Mama and Garry!
Daddy and Robbin!

Couple pic!
Can you tell we don't get many pics of just the two of us anymore? We took a ton of them :)
Me and the signature cocktail of the evening, champagne with elder-flower liqueur :)

Jeni!!!

1/2 of Jeni :)
Mel Bell and Christina
The Grace ladies. Love you girls!
Steph and Alissa!
Matt and his boys

And me with the boys!
Dad near the end of the night, he had "way too much fun" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...