Tuesday, December 15, 2015

India!

So I never really blog about stuff that just I did anymore, but this one definitely warrants a post.

After starting in my new role in October, I had the amazing opportunity to go to India in December. It was an incredible trip. Very eye-opening in so many ways.

Professionally, it was a great experience and helped solidify me in the role. Personally, it was so incredibly heart-breaking to see that level of poverty. It really gave me a whole different perspective on our life here in the Western world...

Here are some photos from my adventure:

You know you are in the business class lounge now :)

Entertainment console

My seat

Recline and massage positions

The dinner menu!

Bvlgari beauty kit

Warm nuts, yes please!

Incredible Emirates lounge in Dubai









It was SUCH and oddessy to get my visa for India. I was SO happy when it finally came!


Lotus temple. As my driver said, the only thing inside is "peace."


Humayan tomb, predecessor to the Taj Mahal

The people were so small!






Very, very scary bathroom. I walked in and the guys glared at me and said "money." I waned to respond okay, I will pay you whatever you want not to kill me!



The feet of my very helpful guide that walked me around and showed me the tomb site. Of course for money. :)
Ya know, Elephants always walk around on the side of highways in major cities...

They had a KFC!
Gorgeous and very yummy Indian restaurant. I tried to get my driver to come in and have lunch with me but he wouldn't...
Fried domes with an odd ketchup sauce
I had some sort of spicy onion chicken. So good!
Ministry buildings
Security team
Crazy nice hotel room in Bombay/Mumbai




View outside my room
Decorated for Christmas


Conference room in our very modern office
Complete with a rodent trap, just in case :)

Traditional Indian dinner (and style of eating)
Traditional Indian desserts
Bangalore office
Jennifer Aniston bar on Emirates plane
This plane had my own private mini-bar

From business class to sitting on the floor of LGA awaiting my flight home!




No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...