Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Aug. 2016

We had a blast the last month of summer. Started out the month with our Canada trip (detailed in a separate post :)), then had Tim, Kristin and baby Frankie visit, followed by my dad and Robbin and a fun-filled (albeit a little stressful) state fair visit. Then we enrolled Brinley in a new pre-school Thursdays and Fridays and she enjoyed trying that out.

The month ended with our family being apart for about 10 days as Matt went up to Canada to do a fishing trip with is dad and Brinley and I visited my parents at the cabin before I flew to NY for work. A busy yet fun-filled end of summer for sure!

Bring on the crisp fall air, apple and pumpkin fun!

Tim, Kristin and baby Frankie came to visit and we had a great time hanging out with them an exploring some of our favorite spots in Stillwater. So nice to "host" them for the weekend!

We brought up the high chair for baby Frankie's visit and Brinley wanted to try it out again. We loved that she was contained but it didn't last long... Darn!
Attempting to get a "first day of school" pic outside her new preschool but she wasn't having it. C'mon, mom!
I was sorting through her too small clothes and she discovered these fun boots. Loved wearing them around the house. Be careful what you with for Brinley, snow will be here before you know it!
Passed out
I did some purging of the playroom and hauled out bags of toys. Not quite ready to give them all to goodwill yet but less is certainly more sometimes. It's nice to simplify whenever possible... Trying to migrate to the minimalist life style, little by little...
Daddy was busy and Mommy was going a little stir crazy so I took Brinley out to a hibachi grill for dinner. She loved watching the flames and gobbled up the rice and onion soup.
We went to the state fair with my Dad, Robbin and Uncle Eldon and we'd been talking it up to them for over a year. Everyone was so excited to go but it's a little hard to manage crowds and everyone's expectations with a three-year old. It was honestly one of Matt and I's hardest parenting days ever. Especially when Brinley got mad that we wouldn't get her a toy and slapped me across the face. Deep breaths, mama! We got through it but we might wait a bit before we take her back there again. Sometime toddlerhood can be overwhelming! 
Daddy wanted to meet announcer Paul Allan, but Brinley, not so much...

A moment of peace and fun on the carousel with Grandpa!

My daddy :)
Some silliness at the chicken barn




Why did we do this to ourselves and come here again???
All days end and this one did too :)
Brinley is pretty good about getting up in the morning and playing by herself in  her room so mommy and daddy can sleep a bit more, but this particular morning she decided to empty out here ENTIRE dresser. Was this worth the extra 15 minutes of sleep? Probably not...
I convinced Matt to do a 6K for water with me and I beat him! He hated every minute of it, but was such a good sport though. We had my dad watching Brinley so we got to go out to breakfast (and ice cream) afterwards so we ended up having a lovely impromptu date. Love him!
Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited that I beat him! :)
One positive outcome of our state fair day. Matt learned to braid. Or "horse braid" as he calls it. They had horse tails in the barn that he could practice on so I taught him.
Daddy bought Brinley a sand box this summer and special ordered soft white sand online. She loves it and he loves playing with her in it. So sweet to see these two share this!
My two favorite people. Love them so much!
This is also the month where I started the insanity program. I've  had it for years but just never made the effort to actually do it. We have 60 days before Disney and we hope another baby is in our future, so now is the time to get in better shape. I'm committed, I'm doing this!
I saw this view A LOT in the past 30 days. This program is insane and horrible, but I think it does actually work... We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...