Thursday, February 8, 2018

Becca is 6 months old!

So I'm trying to be a bit more on time with this post. You just turned 6 months on the 8th and today is Feb. 14 so I'm doing pretty good!

Honestly, a lot has changed in a few weeks. Most notably, you are now a rolling machine and getting back and forth easily. You also can scoot yourself back and we have to watch you closely as you roll and move quite quickly! If we have you on the floor in the living room for a minute and turn back around you can sometimes end up under the coffee table. Mama really wants to get the baby gate up as I'm afraid you'll go rolling right down the stairs!

You also are pretty good at getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. I think you're getting ready to crawl soon but we hope it's a couple months yet as we aren't ready for that! You're growing so fast though girl!

You're still doing really well at daycare and we love all of the photo and pic updates. Everyone there adores you as well as you're such a happy girl with great big smiles! Mommy still gets to go in a few times per week and nurse you which is amazing. I just love the mid-day Becca snuggles and the smiles you give me when I arrive are awesome!

You've also made a ton of progress this month on sitting and can almost do it totally unassisted. It's really cool watching you get stronger!

You're showing more and more interest in food but we still aren't feeding you yet. Honestly, mama wants to wait until you can pick up stuff on your own as I don't want to deal with the baby food mess! Plus you are getting all that you need from Mama's milk.

We haven't measured you lately but I did weigh you a couple of days ago and you now weigh 18 lbs! 81 percentile, so doing great on the growth!

Clothes sizes are still the same. Mostly 9 months but a few 6 and 12 month options. We also just went through and washed all of the 12 months clothes to get ready for this next size. You're still in size 3 diapers too but may need to go up a size shortly...

You're almost exclusively in 9 month clothes now, but some 12 month outfits still fit as well as some 6 month outfits. Baby clothes are weird like that! Mama has been putting you in all of the same outfits even though you have a TON of clothes with tags on them, but it's just easier to do sleepers with feet in the cold here then try and deal with baby booties or socks that keep falling off. I don't think you mind though, but it's a little funny that you probably only wear 1/8th of the clothes you own!

You're still eating 5 ounce bottles every 3 hours during the day and we are still working on getting back to the longer stretches at night. We are going to officially transition you to your crib for overnights now which I think will help...

You are also opening and closing your hand a bit and looking like you're trying to wave. I also swore you signed "milk" the other night!

The cradle cap battle still ensues but we are working on it! You are still cute as a button though!

These past couple of weeks you've had a bit of a cough and runny nose again, but no fever. Also, Mommy and Daddy went away for two nights last week so you were with Grandma and Grandpa for the first time overnight. You did great though and they adore you!

Brinley still is your favorite person although I think you've really bonded with Daddy lately. You love when he plays with you and your smiles are always the biggest for him. Mommy has gotten a bit jealous! ;)

We continue to just be smitten with you sweet Becca and we talk about how awesome you are at least 5 times per day. You're such an incredible joy and we are so grateful for you!

I'm actually rushing to finish this post so I can go to school, feed you and get some Becca snuggles. We love you sweet baby!










Getting ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...