Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July 2018

July gave us a bit of a reprieve from the sickness (or maybe we just adapted, ha!). We started the month still up on our mini-vacation to Duluth and then Brinley, Becca and I went to the cabin in Wisconsin for some hang-out time during the 4th of July week.

Matt joined us for the weekend along with James, Alexa and Mason.

Then later in the month Matt and I went to Louisville, KY for Amanda and Nick's wedding and got to visit Churchill Downs, which kicked off a horse racing phase for us (we watched Sea Biscuit and Secretariat when we got home). Louisville is a cool place and I'd love to go back there someday for the Kentucky Derby!

The girls continued to enjoy school and Daddy even got to bring the truck to the ice cream social. Seeing him show the kids the truck and Brinley being so proud of him was a very special moment. I absolutely love our family and feel so blessed by this wonderful life we get to lead!

Sunday morning snuggles during our Duluth escape

Water fun at preschool

So proud of her work!

Field trip to the Crayola factory!








Fourth of July matching (I LOVE matching outfits on the girls, it's the best!). Brinley is such a big helper and gives Becca her bottles so well. Fourth of July was also the time when Becca stopped nursing completely and just did bottles. I was initially sad, but we had a good run with breastfeeding.


 

 
We went into town for a 4th of July parade and it ended up downpouring. Here we are hiding in the car from the rain!

Silly pics with Nana!


Bapa and Brinley :)

Becca in the pool! It's a Becca in the pool!



Out to dinner with Nana, Bapa and Aunt Nancy. I remember this dinner being absolutely insane and I couldn't wait for Matt to arrive later that night. Both girls were giving me a run for our money but looking back at this picture makes me smile. Joy in the midst of the chaos!

Great Aunt Nancy and Becca!


Jet ski with Daddy!


James is dating a wonderful girl named Alexa and she has a 3 year-old son named Mason. We are so grateful they have come into our lives and pray that everything works out well for them!


Matching jammies!

 

Creeper daddy, lol!




Nana got in on the matching too!
 
Silly pic! 
We had great weather all three days and spent lots of time on the boat






Dana, Phil and the kids were in town before their move to New Mexico and we managed to fit in a quick sleepover. I wish I would have gotten to spend more time with the kids but I'm glad we got to fit the sleepover in. They had a great time and I will never forget watching them dance to The Greatest Showman. You will do great things in life, ladies and I love watching you grow!

Take my picture too mom :)

We were a bit sparse on breakfast food so I took the girls to Target in the morning and they picked out muffins, matching outfits and a special toy. A bit of Auntie spoiling ;)

We used our "underwater world" (officially Sea Life aquarium) pass and I took the girls. It was so cute, it was the first time Becca was really interacting and pointing at everything.

Brinley underwater

Baby underwater! 

 


So funny, Becca and the turtle stared each other down!


And of course we had to stop at the American girl store. Becca and Bitty Baby met for the first time and of course she's in love :)


Nice baby!

I absolutely love this. Brinley sees Mommy working on the computer all the time and she decided to make her own "computer" at school. It was so cute, she setup her desk "table" and would work right alongside me. Love that she wants to be just like mommy!

What a curious girl :)



We got our photos back from a very special Mother's Day/Bday present photo shoot and this one is my absolute favorite


Every year Four Square hosts and ice cream social for local heroes and invites fire, police and EMS. I love that they do it and I love even more that Matt gets to bring the truck in for the kids to see! 













Brinley is so proud of her daddy!






Churchill downs! So cool to visit here.


The tunnel that all of the horses walk through leading out to the track
Stalls for the horses before the race



Original tower










Museum afterwards, he had a lot more fun then he lets on here! LOL!



Selfies at the wedding :) We loved having some grown up time!








Such a big girl, she can pump like a champ!






So I have to write about spidey, this little spider that grew into a not so little spider. Spidey lived in our front door window and Brinley and Daddy would feed him and watch him. This is a picture that Brinley drew at school of him! It was all fun and games until one day, Spidey was GONE! I joke to Matt that he's going to find him under his pillow. LOL!


Spidey!

Matching Pink Floyd sisters :)

Becca and her favorite teacher, Ms Styna!



Baby's first pig tails. Nannu nannu!

Mommy and Daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...