We can't believe that next month you will already be one year old. It's just crazy! Here are the updates from the past month:
1. First steps! You officially took your first few steps on Friday, July 13. You had been getting really close for about a week and then I set you down near the door of your room and you were standing and I was thinking "one of these days she's just going to walk forward" and just as I thought that, you did! I got a video and sent it to Daddy. You still only take 2-3 steps at a time before diving to the ground to crawl as that's much faster. But you were smiling and really proud of yourself. You seem to know this is a new skill that you have acquired. :)
2. Still really love to eat. It's honestly probably your favorite thing to do. You love to sit in your high chair and eat all of the food that we put in front of you. Green veggies (broccoli, peas and green beans) are some of your favs and you will always go for those first. Followed by any sort of meat. O's and carbs, you could take them or leave them. ;)
3. Pillow game with mama. There's this game that we like to play where I sit you on my lap and put the boppy or pillow behind you and you lean your head back and fall into the pillow and then I tickle you. You love it and just laugh and laugh. We often play this before bedtime and I love the extra 1:1 time and giggles that we share. You're such a happy girl, Becks!
4. Happy girl, explorer! As I said, you're super happy and also a bit mischievous. You love to explore the world around you and are already super curious. You're constantly opening up cupboards and drawers, taking stuff out and experimenting with things. Daddy got you a big bouncy ball at the store the other day and you love to try and bounce it on the ground. Later that night you picked up your diaper and tried to bounce that on the ground and it didn't really work. Lots to learn and observe sweet Becca!
5. Best snuggles. You give the best hugs and snuggles and Mommy and Daddy can't get enough. I love how you wrap your little arm around me and grab my neck. I could hold you forever!
6. Scared of men that you don’t really know. So this one makes Uncle James, Bapa Garry and Grandpa Rob a bit sad but you're going through this phase right now where you are pretty wary of all men. Poor Uncle James just has to look at you and you cry. We appreciate you being diligent and cautious Becks but these guys are really nice. We promise! :)
7. Like to swim. Although you've made a few screeching noises when we stick you in a cold pool, you love to kick your legs and "swim" in your floaty thing. It's so cute to watch you giggle and splash!
8. 18 month clothes. Some 12 month stuff still fits but you're pretty much all in 18 month clothes at this point. Such a big girl!
9. Eats my face, likes to grab. You love, love, love to grab things and try and give kisses (or eat people's faces). You get this cute little determined look on your face and then try and devour us. Brinley thinks it's cute, until you get a fistful of her hair. Ouch! We sometimes call you a little monster when you do this as you've got quite a grip and sharp teeth, lol!
10. Giggle is the best. Your giggle is seriously our favorite sound in the world. It is the absolute best! We were watching baby videos of Brinley the other day and you two have the same giggle. It's seriously the sweetest! You two both looked so much alike at this age as well. Twinsies!
11. Can say dada, hi and quack, quack when asked what a duck says. You're beginning to talk and make some more hand gestures/sign language. You still like to clap when we say "yea baby" and also can do "how big is Becca? So big!." You have also started waving and saying "hi" as well as saying "Da" when looking for dada. Matt doesn't believe me but I think you also try and say "quack, quack" when asked what a duck says. I think language will really pickup for you in the next couple of months and I can't wait for a clear "mama" to come from you!
12. Sweetest little sleepy face going to bed. Your tired sleepy face when I lay you in the crib and say goodnight is the best. You stare up at me with those doe eyes and I could melt. I want to burn that image in my memory and think of it always. You're such a wonderful addition to our world sweet girl. We love you to pieces!
13. Fitting that this is number 13, and unlucky numbers, as I have to note that we stopped nursing right before you hit 11 months. Mommy was really sad but I just wasn't making very much milk anymore (less than 5 ounces per day) and you just didn't have much patience with me anymore. You either wanted a bottle or your paci. I really tried to keep it going but after you bit me a few times it really seemed like it was time to be done. I very much enjoyed that special time with you and was sorry to see it come to an end. Brinley saw that I was sad and made me a very special picture and card, which really helped. I then just focused on the fact that I still get to be your mommy and take care of both of you girls, regardless of whether I'm nursing or not. Very grateful for that!
13. Fitting that this is number 13, and unlucky numbers, as I have to note that we stopped nursing right before you hit 11 months. Mommy was really sad but I just wasn't making very much milk anymore (less than 5 ounces per day) and you just didn't have much patience with me anymore. You either wanted a bottle or your paci. I really tried to keep it going but after you bit me a few times it really seemed like it was time to be done. I very much enjoyed that special time with you and was sorry to see it come to an end. Brinley saw that I was sad and made me a very special picture and card, which really helped. I then just focused on the fact that I still get to be your mommy and take care of both of you girls, regardless of whether I'm nursing or not. Very grateful for that!





No comments:
Post a Comment