Friday, May 31, 2019

Brinley greatness

So this season of life has been pretty stressful. My work was crazy and on top of that we were preparing to move.

A week or so before graduation we had a gymnastics meet for Brinley and while it was clear she had fun, she goofed around a lot and didn't really look like she was trying. Both Matt and I left frustrated but were trying not to show it to her or make her feel bad. We are always proud of her no matter what but want her to do her best! It was one of those not so great parenting moments.

Then a week later we had her pre-K graduation and I read an inscription that Ms. Amy wrote about our beautiful Brinley Joy and I just started to cry, right there at the school. It was such a beautiful reminder to let go of my expectations for her and to celebrate the special uniqueness that is just HER. God made her just the way she is and she will do amazing things in this world. More than I could ever dream!

Here's what her teacher's said about her:

Brinley - You have the GREATNESS of love and empathy! When I'm sad, your hear pours genuine LOVE in my direction. You are hones and say the most beautifully worded comments to others. Your hugs remind me to slow down and enjoy life and all the blessings around me. Your impact on others is SO positive, and if they're taking the time to really listen to you, will forever impact them. You are loyal to everyone, and especially loyal and loving to your family. Becca has the BEST big sister. Always remember you are BRAVE! You are filled with strength and courage mixed with a massive amount of love. You are destined for GREATNESS! I love you!
- Miss Amy

My Brinley,
Your empathy absolutely AMAZES me! I will miss your bubbly personality, sparkly eyes and sense of humor that goes beyond your tender years :) I feel so blessed to have had you for 2 years in a row. You seem to know what your friends AND teachers need before they do. Usually, it's a hug or kind word from your smiling face. It does the trick every time. Please come visit so we can chat like grown ups! I love you,
- Miss Jackie

These were such incredible reminders for Matt and I about the greatness that is in our sweet girl. It is our job to help guide her and mold her into the young lady that God intends her to be but we need to make sure we are nurturing her own gifts and talents and not putting our expectations on her. I promise to try and do that as much as I can!

Brinley, we love you so much and are very grateful for the gift that is YOU! We are so blessed to be your parents and can't wait to watch you grow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...