Then around my junior year of high school I was like, "screw it" I like country and I don't care if it's cool or not! So I've been singing "Red Neck Woman" loud and proud ever since! To me country is just so pure and raw. It's simple songs with simple messages and most of the time they just make you smile. I'm proud to say that Matt is even starting to get into it.
Last weekend my dad and I had the opportunity to see one of country's greatest stars, Brad Paisley. And boy was it an amazing concert. We both sung at the top of our lungs to every one of Brad's amazing hit songs. It sure was a night to remember.
Now let me back up a little bit. Matt and I are not huge concert goers. We typically don't want to shell out $40+ dollars per ticket just to listen to music, so this was certainly a rare occasion. What made it even more special was that Matt was actually volunteering as an EMT with the Red Cross that night. As many of you know, Matt has been taking an accelerated EMT-Basic course over the past two months and is absolutely loving it. He wants to be a firefighter and is currently going through the application process for a job with the St. Paul fire department. Say a prayer for him!
Anyway, since Matt was working this event, my dad and I decided to take advantage of his free parking pass and try and get tickets. I had looked on Craig's list a few days before the concert and saw that tickets were going for $60-$100 each. So we decided to take our chances and just bring 50 bucks down the the Xcel and see what we could get. As luck would have it, we met a really nice scalper who sold us 12th row seats, right off the stage for only $50 per ticket, $25 less than FACE value! What a steal!!!
It was so special to spend that time with my dad. I think the last concert that I went to with him was Alan Jackson when I was ten years old. These are the types of memories that last a lifetime. It was also really neat to see my husband in his EMT uniform. I'm so incredibly
proud of him.
Here are a few pics from the show:
My dad and I before the show. Dad caught that t-shirt outside of the K102 booth.
My favorite radio station, K102
The view from our amazing seats!
Deal of the century
The most handsome EMT in the world
Justin Moore, who opened the concert, came out wearing a Brett Favre Vikings jersey. The crowd loved him immediately!
Miranda Lambert also sang and was amazing. She really has a beautiful voice.
My dad and I getting in the mood with our matching Brad Paisley t-shirts. Funny how the image on our shirts when we stand together makes the complete picture of him playing his guitar.
The main event!
He was such a good guitar player. And it was so neat how the stage was setup. There was a catwalk in the middle and two side sections. When he was standing on the right side of the stage he was only 12 rows from us!
I loved what he did when he sang the song "Waiting on a Woman" he walked to the back of the stage and played while his silhouette showed up on screen. I almost cried!
Interesting fact about Brad Paisley, and another reason why I like him so much is because he's married to Kimberely Williams-Paisley, who also happens to be the actress that played "Annie" in the Father of the Bride movies! Brad is a great family man and him and his wife have a little boy named William Huckelberry Paisley. Yup, me and the Paisley's are good friends! ; )
They had such cool lights and background images
Seriously one of the best concerts of all time.
Probably my favorite Brad Paisley song. I think that all women want to be their man's "Everything."
Big smiles all around. Seriously, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. It was a good night.
What a special time with your guys! Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete