Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Don't worry, this blog isn't dead it's just been in hibernation through the blur that was February. Matt and I have been so super busy, me with work and Matt with completing his EMT course and studying for his mountain of exams. But the vast majority of the craziness is behind us and we are anxiously looking forward to Spring!

First, I would like to catch you up on a few events during the past month.

This year was Matt and I's first married Birthdays and we had a really good time celebrating with one another. I must say, Matt did a pretty darn amazing job of making my day extra special.

I came home Friday after work to a beautifully decorated (and newly cleaned!) house, such a nice surprise


Then came a very delicious (and healthy!) dinner cooked by my wonderful husband. Unfortunately it wasn't ready until almost 8 p.m. and I was STARVING but Mattie even made me a cheese and cracker plate to snack on while I waited.



And to top it all off, Mattie even made me a homeade Birthday cake! It was an absolutely delicious chocolate and carmel cake. Mmmmm, my mouth is watering even remembering it...



Then on Saturday, I convinced Matt to go shopping with me and he picked out a special new outfit for me to wear that night to dinner. We went to Jensen's with Matt's parents and had the most wonderful dinner. I love Love LOVE their steaks! Seriously, this blog post is making me quite hungry...



The Leibrocks at Jensen's

And on Sunday, my actual Birthday, I have no pictures because we did absolutely nothing! It was glorious. I stayed in my pj's all day, we ordered Chinese food, I read a book, took a nice long bath and watched movies. It was the perfect ending to a perfect B-day weekend.

I seriously had such a great Birthday. Matt did a wonderful job of making me feel like a princess (because we all know that's exactly how women want to feel on their Birthday) and it was so nice to go to dinner with my new extended fam. I did miss my parents though, but that's the difficulty of being out of state. Who knows, maybe next year I will be spending my B-day in Wisconsin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...