So if you read my post on Friday, you know that I was out of town for the weekend and therefore facing a multitude of temptations. Well, I would give myself a C. I think I passed the weekend but also over indulged in too many ways, thus setting myself back a bit.
I was so happy to finish up the cleanse and was super excited about all of my success, I slacked a bit. I was also pleased to wake up Saturday morning weighing 139.8, a total loss of 5.8 lbs! Feeling super proud of myself led to relaxing a bit at dinner, eating a few bites of dessert, having a piece of bread, couple glasses of wine, etc. Well I paid for it on Sunday. Back up to a whopping 142.4 and terrified that I had blown all of my hard work from the previous 10 days. But I decided to stop beating myself up, and instead focus on all of the stuff that I successfully said 'no' to. Cheese and crackers during our pre-dinner happy hour, the bag of homeade chocolate chip cookies my mom had just made, blueberry pancakes for breakfast, etc. I also decided to crack down and refocus on Sunday and Monday.
Well, I'm pleased to report that it worked! I'm back down to a much more reasonable 140.6 this morning and I know that after another great day of focused eating today and a great workout tonight, I will be back under that 140 mark. Phew! That was a close one! : )
It does go to show me though that if I'm going to work so hard and make smart choices, I definitely don't want to blow it in one weekend. Especially when I'm still working on reaching my goal. And I tell you, I'm still very committed to reaching my goal!!!
One quick comment on the Max phase, it's actually been really great so far. I absolutely love the meal replacement shakes. They are truly delicious and actually taste like a pudding/malt type thing. Yum!
Welcome to our blog! Matt and I were married on Sept. 18, 2009 and welcomed our first baby, Brinley Joy, on June 9, 2013.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2021 Year in Review
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
Since getting married almost two months ago, one of the questions I always get (besides “when are you going to have kids????" The answe...
No comments:
Post a Comment