So as you may have guessed by the title of this post, I've been yo-yoing with my weight. Down .2, up .2, down .2. All that to say that I'm only at -4.8. I know, I know, that's still good for 9 days, but c'mon! That's pretty much the same as it was 3 days ago. Frustrating.
I have been pretty good about sticking to the plan, too. Although if I'm being totally honest, I've been cheating a bit. After my last post, and the mini mint patty, I kept indulging my sweet tooth and had 3 dark chocolate kisses on Tuesday, 2 more dark chocolate kisses yesterday as well as a few (okay, 5) bites of Matt's DQ confetti cake Blizzard. It was his last day of classes for the semester and it has been one crazy-busy semester so I decided to be nice and go out and get him DQ (his favorite) to celebrate. Little did I know that my curiosity over this new Blizzard flavor would result in 5 bites. Oh well, what can you do? I'm only human, right?? : )
Today has been slightly better although filled with temptation. We had a gourmet cupcake bakery come into work today to sell their sinfully delicious little cakes at our on-campus convenience store but I steered clear. Another almost pot-hole was my co-worker's bday cake. It was an unbelievable, homeade, Black Forest cake with cream cheese frosting. It looked so delectable that I allowed my self one, very small bite. And I'm pleased to say that I stuck to it! I did however get a big piece and give it to Mattie, I figured if I couldn't eat it, someone had to!
Anyway, I have managed to keep working out as well. I went to the total conditioning class at the gym last night which is the hardest class you will ever imagine. It's 4 minute circuits with a 30 second rest inbetween. The instructor's formula is basically 30 second basic lifting with one muscle group, 15 seconds intense lifting, back to 30 seconds basic, 15 more seconds intense, then 1 minute of some torturous cardio/strength thing like scissors or tuck jumps. Then you get a 30 second break and do it again. Rinse and repeat with new excersises until the 60 minutes is up. My only goal is survival but 10 minutes into the class I'm always wondering how the heck I'm going to get through 50 more minutes. But somehow I do. I do need to take a break a few times so I don't pass out though. And twice the instructor has come over to me and asked if I felt light-headed because I was as pale as a sheet! Ha!
I'm not giving up though! Even if this is a plateau (spurred partially by my wavering resolve) I am going to stick with this! You all are my witnesses!!!
Hope to have a better report from the scale tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Welcome to our blog! Matt and I were married on Sept. 18, 2009 and welcomed our first baby, Brinley Joy, on June 9, 2013.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2021 Year in Review
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
Since getting married almost two months ago, one of the questions I always get (besides “when are you going to have kids????" The answe...
No comments:
Post a Comment