I'm pleased to say that I survived the weekend and stuck to the plan and diet like a champ! It was also nice being rewarded for all of my hard work on the scale this morning with another 1 lb. drop. That brings my grand total to 4.6 lbs. lost. Hopefully by tomorrow I can say 5 lbs.!
Along with sticking to the eating plan really well, I also managed to workout everyday. On Friday and Saturday I walked on the treadmill on varying inclines and last night I did Zumba which was super fun. Nice to just move, ya know? We had kinda crappy weather this weekend with lots of storms and while all I really wanted to do was curl up on the couch and watch Downton Abbey, I made myself get those workouts in and I'm just super happy that they paid off. It's always easier to stick to a program when it's working, isn't it? And I would say that almost 5 lbs. lost in one week is definitely working!
Can you tell that I'm excited? : ) Seriously though, if I can do it, you can do it to. Whoever you might be out there reading my blog. I encourage you no matter what kind of shape you are in, today is the day to start. A friend and colleague of mine said "nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels." Isn't that the truth. So make today your day 1 and start moving and feeding your body the healthy fuel that it needs. And if you want to learn more about the AdvoCare thing that I'm doing, click here. It's definitely not the only way to go, but if it helps you to get motivated by investing a bit of money and creating a defined timeframe and plan to accomplish your goals then it might be the right thing for you. Getting off my soap box now. : )
One final thought, something that I've been noticing is that my taste buds seem to be changing. Food that I previously found barely pallatable now seem absolutely delicious. For example, green beans. I used to tolerate green beans but I ate them for lunch today with some leftover steak and they were amazing! They had this great buttery, sweet taste to them and all I put on them was a dash of salt. Crazy when you eliminate the processed stuff and artificial sweeteners how the natural flavor in food just sort of pops out. I'm actually having a good time figuring that out and am thankful for this discipline that allowed me to do that.
But, I'm not perfect. I did just eat a Weight Watchers miniature thin mint pattie, my first departure from the diet in 6 days, and I must tell you it was delicious as well! Have no fear though, this is a teeny tiny indulgence and not the beginning of the end!
Welcome to our blog! Matt and I were married on Sept. 18, 2009 and welcomed our first baby, Brinley Joy, on June 9, 2013.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2021 Year in Review
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
Since getting married almost two months ago, one of the questions I always get (besides “when are you going to have kids????" The answe...
No comments:
Post a Comment