We've been having tons of fun these past few weeks with our little lady and it's about time that I put some of them up on the blog!
I went back to work on Sept. 19. and my Mom came up the following weekend for a visit and to bring us our new car! We managed to convince my Mom and Garry that they should really buy a new car and sell us their awesome Nissan Rogue. Somehow we managed to sway them and reached a deal with them to get the car. Matt and I were pretty excited to have a bigger, 4 wheel drive vehicle for our family of three.
Isn't it pretty?
Quick tangent, for all of our Dave Ramsey peeps out there, we do own it so no car loans for this fam! Seriously though, it's been a discipline that Matt and I have committed to over the past few years and it's totally changed our lives. There is no way that we'd be able to live on one income and have Matt in school full-time if it wasn't for this program. Like so many others, we were living pay check to pay check and spending beyond our means before Financial Peace. Now we have a budget, are debt free besides our house and saved so that Matt could return to school and pursue a career he loved. I'm honestly not selling anything here, just trying to share my hear and how this has truly impacted us...If you are ever interested I'm happy to share all the info with you.
Anyway, back on topic, I mean the title of this post is Fun at the Apple Orchard, so where are the apples already? : )
So my mom came up with said new car and it was such a beautiful Saturday that we decided to head out for a day of family fun at the apple orchard. I of course brought along my new camera for a fun fall photo shoot.
Sorry for all the pics, it's so hard to pic my favs!
 |
| My two loves |
 |
| So fun watching her look at the apples. She's becoming much more alert! |
 |
| Ooooo apple |
 |
| Awesome one of Brinny and Nana |
 |
| My mother is clearly in love : ) |
 |
| Happy girl |
 |
| How cute is she? |
 |
| I mean seriously?!? |
 |
| Fun with mama! |
 |
| Mommy and baby |
 |
| Why do you people keep showing me these red things? |
 |
| 3 generations of Krei women |
 |
| Yea for family pics! |
 |
| Overexposed but oh so cute |
 |
| She still loves it when you hold her hand |
 |
| Daddy's girl |
 |
| Awesome family pic, if only we could photo shop Brinny's head with one of her smiling : ) |
 |
| Sticking that tongue out! |
 |
| My mom posing while picking an apple |
 |
| My husband's reaction to my desire for a photo shoot while picking apples. Sigh. |
 |
| Yes honey, you are a rock star |
Overall it was a really great day and exactly what I always imagined a fun apple orchard family trip would be. Love it when it works out that way!
We ended the afternoon with my mom and I whipping up an apple crisp with our freshly picked apples. And I felt like such an adult because I had all of the ingredients for apple crisp at my house. Yes, I know it's only oatmeal, butter and brown sugar, but still, there were many years when I didn't even own flour and sugar containers. My mom says that having Brinley has domesticated me and I think she's right; bring on the apron : )
No comments:
Post a Comment