I can't believe I'm actually blogging about something that happened yesterday, but
yesterday my Dad and I took Brinley to the aquarium at the Mall of America and had a great time.
Earlier in the week, Matt asked if I was cool with him having some guys over to watch the Gopher game on Saturday. I said sure, but then decided to post a message on Facebook to see who wanted to hang out with my and Brinley since I knew he's prefer if we were out of the house (his wife and baby would probably put a bit of a damper on the guy time...) Anyway, my dad answered the call and drove up for an impromptu weekend hanging out with his favorite (and only) daughter and granddaughter.
Quick side note: one really awesome thing about being back at work, the weekends become really special again and are often filled with fun activities. I love being busy and doing tons of fun stuff on the weekends!
Back on track, the best part about the aquarium was watching Brinley look around in awe at everything. I'm sure she had no idea what she was looking at, but she loved the colors, lights and swimming things in the tanks. It was the first time I got to experience the joy of watching her enjoy something. Love that we will have many, many, many more moments like that to come.
 |
| Grandpa is smitten! |
 |
| Showing Brinny all the fishies |
 |
| Getting right up close! |
 |
| What do you see baby girl? |
 |
| Tunnel part was so cool when they swim over your heads |
 |
| This turtle later scared the crap about of me when I was putting Brinny back in her carseat and he swam right over my shoulder. I had no idea he was there and my dad told me to look and I cried out "Oh good God!" Yea. |
 |
| Not sure what to make of all of the lights, so I will chew on my hand. |
 |
| This guy was sleeping across the tunnel. |
 |
| What are you looking at? |
 |
| Daddy, daughter and granddaughter time |
In addition to the aquarium, Grandpa got to spend lots of time hanging out with little bug.
 |
| Bottle time before bed! |
 |
| Putting baby to sleep in the rocking chair |
 |
| Grandpa's creative solution to put Brinley on the couch for nap |
I brought Addie there for the first time a month or so ago and she was obsessed! We're bringing her there on her 1st birthday too! FYI if you ever want to go again (and didn't already know this), you can pay for your tickets online a for way cheaper, I think it's almost a 50% savings!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.visitsealife.com
Brinley is so sweet!