Tuesday, October 22, 2013

She did it! 26.2

A few weeks ago my good friend Melanie joined the elite 1 percent and successfully completed a marathon. So very proud of her!

In some small way, I feel like I had a part in her journey as we both ran our first (and only) half marathon together a year and a half ago.

June 16, 2012 at Grandma's half marathon
The twin cities marathon is such an awesome race and I was so excited to watch her run it and cheer her on at various points across the course.

I believe this was around mile 19, crossing the Franklin bridge
There she is!

Almost to the finish line. 26 miles. I loved standing at this spot because this was when many runners first spotted the finish line.

So close!

She did it! If you look really hard you can see her crossing the finish line. It was funny, I tried to run ahead of her the last .2 but she kept speeding up and I was afraid I was going to fall and break my camera so I finally gave up and tried to zoom in on her up ahead. It turns out I can't even run .2  as fast as she can after running 26! : )
 
Mel and Jen

Me and Mel Bell

3 of us

Proud to show off that medal!

She did it!
Not only did I want to post this on my blog to celebrate and honor Mel, but also to publicly declare that next year I WILL be running this race with her. That's right, you heard me correct, I am making a promise to train my butt off and run this race next year. It's always been a goal of mine and I can't wait to complete it! Next year we will run this together Mel Bell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...