Wow. You are three sweet girl. Daddy and I truly can't believe how fast time has gone.
You now like to crawl up in my lap and "pretend" to be a baby, have me rock you and hold you, but what you don't realize is that I remember those days oh so well and they truly don't seem that long ago. But there's no denying it, you are not our little baby anymore, you are a smart, sweet and independent little girl and we truly couldn't love you more.
Daddy and I look at each other multiple times per day in amazement because we can't believe how cute you are. You say the funniest things and yet can be so incredibly sensitive and sweet. Your out of the blue "I love you Mom" or demands for us to have a family hug are some of the sweetest moments ever. My heart feels like it's going to burst for how much I love you sweet girl, and all I want to do is squeeze you really tight and kiss those sweet little cheeks. You are so wonderful precious girl!
I've been delaying writing this post as I don't feel like I could possibly describe all that you are in one blog post. As you get older, it's getting harder and harder to document the essence of "you" by just reciting all that you can do. I just wish I could record all of this so that we don't forget a single second, but Daddy and I do our best to try and turn away from the distractions and just focus on our time with you so that we can really enjoy each and every moment, even the hard ones. And trust me when I say, there are definitely some trying days. I hope sweet girl that someday you get to have a little daughter just like you so you can see what I'm talking about. Nana and Grandpa Tom tell me all of the time that you are just like me when I was a little girl and I can definitely believe it!
The first thing I would say about you is that you are incredibly smart. Too smart sometime! You hear everything and are always trying to take it all in and understand it. You often repeat things back to us just to let us know that you understand it. Like the other day you were telling me that polar bears live in cold places. I'm not sure where you got that from but you are always observing, taking everything in and then coming to your own conclusions. You love to ask questions and want to understand all that is around you.
You know all of your colors, can count pretty high (over 20, at least) and have started taking an interest in letters and understanding what things start with. You know that "B" is for Brinley and love to find "B's" wherever you can and point them out to us. You also know that your parents are Matt and Jessica and that you live in Minnesota. We are working on learning our address so you know where to go if you ever get lost.
As of now, you want to be a police officer (or a firefighter or a doctor, but you don't want to take all of the jobs as you need to "save some for the other kids" as you say). You say that you want to be a police officer like Uncle James so that you can help people. You were very concerned when you found out that police officers also arrest people. :)
You love God and love to pray before meals. Your signature prayer these days is "Dear God, thank you for all of the stuff, amen." (most recently you've been adding "thank you for all of the stuff in my purse.") It's quite cute. Sometimes you will say a bit more and it's the sweetest thing to hear your little heart thanking God. We pray everyday that you will grow to love Him more and more!
As far as sizes, you wear a 4t or 4. All of your 3T clothes are all way too small. You still LOVE dresses and it's quite the challenge to get you to wear anything but dresses that "spin." Your two favorites are actually a black and white Lularoe dress and a purple flower Lularoe dress. Mommy has items that match those and we love to match. :)
You're favorite songs are probably "Baa baa black sheep" and "Mary had a little lamb." You especially love the part in that song when the sheep follows her to school. You are very interested in school and talk about how some day when you get big you will go to school and someday when you get bigger, you will go to college. You are super smart and know so much about how everything works already.
Daddy has taught you that we live in Minnesota and that that is on Earth. You like to remind us of that and show us that you know stuff and jump into the conversations when you can. You also know that your parents are Matt and Jessica and we are working with you on learning your address.
It's just so hard to describe all that you are in a blog post my sweet girl. We are constantly amazed by you and how much you know/how smart you are. You also have your own free-will and like things your way. We often battle with you to get you to listen and do what we ask, but we know this strong personality will serve you well someday and do our best to nurture you with love and Grace. Some days are better then others and you love to tell daddy all about Mom's freak-outs when I cry, yell and pray to God to give me patience. Someday, I hope you have a little girl just like you so you know what I'm talking about. ;)
You are so wonderful Brinley and I hope that you never forget how much we love you. You have such a kind heart, are so curious and very very smart. We know that God has big plans for you and we can't wait to continue to watch you learn and grow!
8/23/16
Brinley was asking me about my rings and I told her they were for when daddy and I got married. She told me she wished that she was married. I told her she probably would get married someday when she got bigger. Then she asked where her husband was, and I told her probably getting ready for bed somewhere too. Then we said a prayer for him. First, but im sure not the last time that we pray for her husband. : ) such a sweet moment!
8/21/16
Mom, you're embarrassing me! (When I asked for a hug 😡)
08/15/16
Woke up to Brinley praying and thanking God for all of the people in her life and special things. It went on for more than 5 minutes as she listed everyone off, even using last names sometimes. She then said that she was praying to God because she had a bad day. Matt and I listened and it was the sweetest thing ever! Praise God!
Canada trip August 2-8
- yesssss
- slippery slippers
- Brinley island (and kiddie pool!)
- you know what bob? I love you (and proceeded to go around the table and say I love you to everyone)
- thank you God for the beautiful day and for all the stuff in my purse.
7/30/16
Aunt Ashley's wedding, she tells Ashley that she is really talk (Ash says yes, I'm kinda tall) and Brinley replies "and I'm kinda small"
7/28/16
Love how she says "butt naked" she calls it "butt bake-ed"
7/15/16
Are we doing home, or not? (Always says or not in the end of her question)
My mouth tastes gummy (my breath is stinky)
When I get bigger I'm going to go in the diving board all by myself.
I want to be a police officer and help people.
Holy gosh, I can't believe that mom!
Me laughing at how cute she is and she goes "mom..."
Get this stinky breath out of me, yuck!
07/06/16
Mosquitos bite and eat blood. Push them away. Find your own food.
July 7 When I get big I'll go to high school and when I get really big I'll go to college. Why u laughing? Cuz u are do smart/ mist 3 yr olds don't even know what college is. "I do"
This the earth/ I live on the earth.
06/25/16
Brinleys signature prayer: thank you God for all the stuff. Amen"
I want to go to the "Paark" (while sneezing)
06/23/16
Brinley in the bath an mom acts sad saying she wants her to come out so we can snuggle. Brinley says "sweet-heart, I can't right now, I'm in the bath, I'm all slippery. Why don't you go play, okay sweetie?" In her best mom voice interpretation.
06-17-16
I am robot, I am robot, I see the boys underwear.
Mom, is that my garbage man back there? (As we are driving down the highway in Wisconsin)
06-02-16
Had an owie last night and I fixed her up and she sang, I feel better, so much better, thank you doc for fixing me up. Then she reminded me of the time she scratched her leg on the mirror and I fixed her (and bunny) up : )
05-14-15, Brinley almost 3
-at nap she wakes up and says I want to swimming and gymnastics again. Those are two options for you mom and dad. Why thanks, Brinley : )
- then later at the park, she says i have lots of friends, right mom? I have more friends then you!
2-28-16- Matt taught Brinley how to find Minnesota and Wisconsin on a map. She correctly pointed it out on the tv screen. Really good with her counting! Up to 16 perfectly.
Feb 4, potty trained when we were at nanas for the weekend. Done great ever since!
2-27-16- eating waffles sitting at the island and a piece falls off her fork and she says "damn"
2-24-16- at dinner brinley said dada, you say (erp, Insert burb sound) all the time!
1/28/16- tonight at dinner Brinley prayed and thanked God for the food, park, ketchup and socks. All very important things : )
1/20/16- as I was putting her to bed last night she turns to me and asks me, "mama, can I have a tail please?" "Like a kitty"
1/16/16- brinley got her first pet today! A fishy! Named her purple, then Clovi, then play doh, Sophie and cookie. All in about 5 minutes.
1/7/16- 2 years 7 months
-Matt was making dinner in the kitchen and he turns around and Brinley is butt naked with one sock on. He asks her why she took off her clothes and she said she wanted to take her socks off
- in the tub she counted to 9 all by herself. (Daddy says he's heard her count to 19 by herself as well)
- after bath we were getting Jammie's on and she was brushing my hair and they she "did my makeup" and got me all ready for the ball. She told me I was a princess and daddy was the king
- rocking her to bed in the chair and she starts putting her lips on my shoulder and when i as her what she's doing she says "I'm trying to get milk out of your boob"
Welcome to our blog! Matt and I were married on Sept. 18, 2009 and welcomed our first baby, Brinley Joy, on June 9, 2013.
Thursday, June 9, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2021 Year in Review
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...
-
Since getting married almost two months ago, one of the questions I always get (besides “when are you going to have kids????" The answe...
No comments:
Post a Comment