Thursday, June 21, 2018

Blessed Moments

The days can be long and life can get so busy, but please Lord, never, ever, ever let me forget these beautiful moments:

- The weight of your warm body curled up against me
- Your head resting on my shoulder and your arm on my chest, just above my heart 
- The faint smell of honey (from your baby wash) as I breath in your wonderful smell
- The tickle of your wispy strawberry baby hair as I lean down to kiss your forehead 
- The soft and delicate squishiness of the most kissable cheeks in the world (I could seriously kiss them all day!)
- The sound of your restful breathing and flutter sucking of the paci
- Your soft, content sigh as you’re just as content in my arms as I am holding you

Oh sweet Becca girl, I wish I could stay in these moments forever. I will always treasure them.

And my darling Brinley, I’ve enjoyed all of our bedtime cuddles, chats and watching When Calls the Heart together lately. You’re growing into such a wonderful little girl and I love how we can share these moments together.
- The feel of your head snuggled close to mine as we read a book or watch the show.
- You taking over and saying “I can read this part” and finishing the page from memory even though you can’t yet read the words. 
- Your innocent questions as you process all of the themes of the show. And your genuine tears and sadness when you realize that sometimes life can be hard.
- Your childhood crush on Mountie Jack and how you blush and try and kiss the phone. 😂
- Our sweet conversations about your day, the world and anything that comes to mind. I love hearing your thoughts and your unique perspective on things. 
- Holding you for bedtime prayers and asking the Lord to keep us all safe and help Mommy and Daddy to teach you to love God, above all else.

Snuggling you and your sister at bedtime and while you sleep are some of the most amazing moments I’ve ever experienced. Being a mom to the two most incredible little girls in the world is the greatest joy of my life. I love you always and all ways!!!

And if we are ever apart, please know I am always, always in your heart. ❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...