Something occurred to me the other day when I was doing my make-up at my parents house. A few years ago I helped them design their bathroom upstairs. We put in two sconce lights in around the mirror and they give off a truly beautiful soft light. I love doing my makeup in that bathroom because I always look flawless!
And there's this mirror in my old bedroom where I always sleep that is tilted just right to make me look just a bit thinner. Between that soft lighting in the bathroom and the bedroom mirror tilt, I love the way that I look when I get ready. I feel my prettiest!
But it occurred to me that even though those might be flattering angles, the views from that bathroom and bedroom mirrors are still me. We can choose to see ourselves in the most flattering light and forget everything else. So why don't me?
When I'm feeling down on myself. A bit haggard or frustrated with the extra pregnancy weight that seems to come off too slowly, I'm going to try and look at myself through those softer and more flattering reflections. After all, it is still me. And I'm the one in control of the me that I choose to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment