Life isn't perfect. We will never "arrive." The to-do list never ends. Just when you think you've gotten everything you need at the grocery store you realize you are out of toilet paper. Paint chips and just when you think you've gotten all of the chips, you find one more. No matter how much you clean or how thorough you are, you'll always find a dirt spot. Just when you finish folding and putting away the laundry and are SO proud of yourself, it's time to do it all over again.
So many times I feel like I'm racing to get to the "end." The end of the to-do list, the end of the chores, "when I just finish this, then I will relax." But as I sit here on month three of my maternity leave with just under three glorious months remaining, it has never been more clear to me that we will never arrive. The work will never be done. Nor should it be as long as we walk this earth.
The key is to pause. Take a deep breath. And just breath. Look up and enjoy the beauty that is all around you. Stop and enjoy the warmth of the sunshine on your face. The feel of that soft baby cheek up against your face. The smile and light in the eyes of your little one. The pride that comes through when they accomplish something new.
It's really not about all that you can accomplish, it's about finding the beauty and joy along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment