But my dad on the other hand has been a different story.
See my dad disliked even the cutest Vikings fans
For those of you at the wedding you remember the proud moment when Matt and his dad were welcomed into our family with their first cheeseheads. My dad 1, Matt 0. Last weekend however, might have evened up the score.
My dad started off the morning by proudly coming down stairs in his Packer sweatshirt. Even though the Packer's had been eliminated from the playoffs the week before.
Dad found it extremely funny that he was wearing a Packer sweatshirt, in a Vikings house, on game day.
Did I mention he found it really, really, really funny? Here is the video of his reaction after he saw the first video of himself laughing! Too funny! Silly dad.
But he eventually came around, even if he wasn't too happy about it.
AND to show even more just how much he loves his son-in-law he even took the Vikings jersey home to wear tomorrow when the Vikings take on the Saints. What a good sport dad.
Go Vikes!
Editor's note: Now I know what some of you might be thinking. "Jess, what are you doing? You're from Wisconsin, you're a Packer fan!" And yes, while it is true that I still want the Packers to do well, and I will continue to wear a cheesehead with my Brett Favre Viking's jersey when they play the Packer's I've jumped on the bandwagon because of Matt. He's such a huge Vikings fan and I love to see him happy when they win. Plus, I've watched every single Vikings game with him this whole year and you can't help being a fan when you're forced to watch it. Plus, if I'm being honest, purble is kind of pretty. But Matt does keep trying to have some sort of "Vikings fan induction ceremony" for me and I tell him that's pushing it! : )

No comments:
Post a Comment