Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 2- Feeling great!

So today is Day 2 of my 24 Day Challenge and I'm feeling great! This morning I got off on the right foot, or should I say the lighter foot, when I stepped on the scale and found out that I had lost 2.6 lbs! Woo hoo! Needless to say I was really excited, but as many of you women out there probably already konw, it's sometime easy to fluctuate up and down a couple of pounds so the true test will be to see if I can keep the scale going in this downward trend. However, it was a really great way to start if I do say so myself.

Since yesterday's post was a little rushed, I think I will give bit more background on what this 24 Day Challenge is, in case anyone is interested. It's basically divided into two phases. Phase one is a cleansing phase and involves taking the AdvoCare herbal cleansing supplements as well as following a pretty strict diet and drinking tons, I mean TONS of water. Honestly, that's been the most challenging part so far. Not drinking the water because I am actually finding myself more thirsty than usual, but "disposing" of the water. Seriously, I go to the bathroom before an hour meeting and I swear I have to run back to the bathroom as soon as it's over! I guess this is what pregnant women must feel like all the time. Hmmm, note to self on that one.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. The diet is mostly sticking to clean and healthy foods, lean proteins, good fats, fruits and veggies. The list of restricted foods is pretty long: no fried foods, no wheat products, no dairy, no alcohol, no coffee and no soda. So far it's gone really well and I haven't been hungry at all. However when I just got home from work a few minutes ago and was feeding the cats my eyes started scanning all of the luscious carbs in the pantry: chocolate, cereal, chips, bread. Mmmmmm... I hope this isn't the start of the carb cravings...

The second part of the challenge and the last 14 days is eating a slightly less restricted diet, incorporating good carbs such as brown rice, oatmeal and sweet potatoes while taking a supplement back designed to add back in all of the great nutrients that you body needs. So basically part 1 is to clear it all out and part 2 is to build back the good stuff.

My main goal during the first few days was just to adjust to the diet and taking all of my supplement things when I was supposed to. I keep telling myself that getting in the excersise is a bonus and considering that I only went on about a 10 second walk last night, I'm staying true to that goal. Oh well. One thing at a time, right? My goal right now is to wrap-up this post and get my butt on the treadmill...

Hopefully I will have more great weight-loss news to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Year in Review

 2021. What a year! We went into the year oh so hopeful that we could start putting COVID behind us and return to "normal." Januar...